Harriers Comfortably Through In Trophy: Harriers 4-0 AFC Telford United
December 10, 2016

Harriers Comfortably Through In Trophy: Harriers 4-0 AFC Telford United

Two goals in each half saw Harriers cruise through into the second round of the FA Trophy against league rivals Telford.

Telford had already beaten Harriers in the league earlier in the season and Harriers were determined to make sure that that didn't happen again.

The visitors had succeeded in frustrating Harriers when the sides first met in the league and set out to do the same again this time.  They had early chances to take the lead, too; Josh Wilson twice went close with free-kicks, first hitting the wal and then his second lofted to the far post was headed over the bar by Ben Bailey.

Harriers should have taken the lead on 18 minutes when Bailey brought down Zaine Francis-Angol in the penalty area.  Tyrell Waite took the spot-kick but his shot was weak and easy for James Montgomery to save diving to his left.  Shortly afterwards Waite had another chance but fired his shot from a narrow angle over the bar.

The breakthrough came on 29 minutes; Ashley Carter nodded the ball forward to leading scorer Arthur Gnahoua who turned well to lose his marker before breaking into the penalty area before slotting an angled shot past Montgomery.

Ten minutes before the interval Harriers doubled their advantage, skipper Keith Lowe heading in at the far post from James McQuilkin's left-wing free-kick.  Before the break Wilson went close with another free-kick but Sam Hornby saved, pushing the ball around the post for a corner.

Early in the second half Dave Hibbert nearly reduced the arrears; Hornby slipped while moving to make a the save but recovered quickly enough to reach the ball.

On the hour mark Mani Dieseruvwe went close to increasing the lead with a chip from the edge of the penalty area that drifted just wide of the post.

Fifteen minutes from the end Harriers went further ahead; Darryl Knights' pass found Tyrone Williams on the right wing, his first time cross was met by the head of Dieseruvwe to guide it inside the far post.

Harriers completed the rout five minutes from the end; Jordan Tunnicliffe was allowed to make a late, unchallenged, run to the near post to firmly plant a header from McQuilkin's left-wing corner past Montgomery.


Harriers This Week


Harriers Alumni

ManagementHurren Joins Hednesford Management Team

Gavin Hurren has joined the new management team at Hednesford along with Paul Casey and Gary Birch.
November 14, 2016

TransferDawson Joins Eastleigh

Adam Dawson, who briefly lit the wing for Harriers last season, has joined National League side Eastleigh.
June 6, 2016

TransferBucks Take Gitto

Callum Gittings, released by Solihull Moors will remain in National League North with AFC Telford United.
June 4, 2016