Tigers Roar Silenced: Harriers 3-0 Gloucester City
November 22, 2016

Tigers Roar Silenced: Harriers 3-0 Gloucester City

Harriers turned on the style to brush aside the challenge of Gloucester and move up to third in the league.

Former Harrier Jasbir Singh was City's best player on the night and was responsible for Harriers ending the game with just three goals.

Full-backs Tyrone Williams and Zaine Francis-Angol returned to the side after suspension and injury respectively, relegating Sam Austin and Ashley Carter to the bench.

City came to Aggborough with a clear plan to stop Harriers from playing and for some time it was successful.  They even went close to taking the lead in the tenth minute when James Fitzgibbon's cross-cum-shot from the right bounce on the top of the crossbar.

Harriers began to take the upper hand and on 20 minutes could have gone in front when a defence-splitting pass opened up the visitors, sending Andre Brown clear; his shot was half saved by Singh and cleared off the line by Sam Avery.

In the 32nd minute Brown had another chance, cutting in from the left but his shot was saved at the expense of a corner.  From the resultant flag-kick James McQuilkin's cross was flicked on by Keith Lowe and headed into his own net by Avery.

Shortly afterwards Arthur Gnahoua tried his luck after a run across the front of the penalty area, his shot was saved as was the follow-up from Tyrell Waite.

City were lucky to go into the break just one down and early in the second half were almost the architects of their own downfall when Zac Kotwica's backpass fell short straight to Brown who ran clear but dragged his shot under Singh and narrowly wide of the far post.

The second goal came in the 59th minute; McQuilkin found himself in space on the left and played the ball inside to Gnahoua who jinked his way past a defender into the box and slotted the ball inside the far post.

Eight minutes later the third, and best, goal of the evening arrived.  Playing out from the back Sam Hornby found Ryan Croasdale who's long pass found Francis-Angol wide on the left wing, his first-time pass inside to Gnahoua sent the wide man into the penalty area to score his 1th goal of the season with another angled shot.

Waite could have increased the lead further after 72 minutes when his low cross from the right was blocked and he fired the rebound wide.  Seven minutes from time substitute Mani Dieseruvwe got to the byline on the left and pulled the ball back to Elton Ngwatala but he managed to steer his weak shot wide.


Harriers This Week


Harriers Alumni

ManagementHurren Joins Hednesford Management Team

Gavin Hurren has joined the new management team at Hednesford along with Paul Casey and Gary Birch.
November 14, 2016

TransferDawson Joins Eastleigh

Adam Dawson, who briefly lit the wing for Harriers last season, has joined National League side Eastleigh.
June 6, 2016

TransferBucks Take Gitto

Callum Gittings, released by Solihull Moors will remain in National League North with AFC Telford United.
June 4, 2016