Brackley Burst Harriers Bubble: Harriers 1-2 Brackley Town
August 9, 2016

Brackley Burst Harriers Bubble: Harriers 1-2 Brackley Town

Harriers were brought crashing down form their Opening Day high with defeat at the hands of Brackley Town.

Facing Harriers for the first time Brackley were stronger throughout the game, their well organised defence proving difficult for Harriers to break down and often times played some good passing football of their own.

John Eustace sent out the same starting line-up that had beaten Curzon so comfortably in the previous match but they couldn't reach the previous high standards that they had set for themselves.  Shots from Steve Diggin and James Armson tested former Brackley keeper Sam Hornby inside the first ten minutes as Brackley took the early initiative.

On the half hour Harriers came close to breaking the deadlock when Zaine Francis-Angol got tot the byline on the left and his cross to the far post was hooked off the line by Alex Gudger for a corner.  It was the visitors, though, who scored first; Jordan Tunnicliffe tripped Ellis Myles in the penalty area and from the spot Armson despatched a shot to Hornby's right that the keeper got a hand to but couldn't keep out.

Brackley continued to press after the break and within a couple of minutes of the restart should have doubled the lead when Harriers failed to clear a corner, first Gareth Dean saw a shot cleared off the line and then Luke Graham fired the loose ball over the bar.

Andre Brown came close to grabbing an equaliser after 73 minutes but he headed wide at the far post from Robert Stambolziev's cross from the right.  Two minutes later Town doubled their lead; Hornby misjudged a corner from the right and Gudger was on hand at the far post to nod in unchallenged.

Twelve minutes from time Harriers pulled a goal back; Tyrell Waite was brought down just inside the penalty area by Dean and stepped forward to take the penalty himself sending Farrell the wrong way to record his first goal in a Harriers shirt.

Harriers nearly grabbed an unlikely equaliser late on when James McQuilkin floated a free-kick from the left to the far post that was met by the head of Brown but he could only direct it weakly into the hands of Farrell.


Harriers This Week


Harriers Alumni

ManagementHurren Joins Hednesford Management Team

Gavin Hurren has joined the new management team at Hednesford along with Paul Casey and Gary Birch.
November 14, 2016

TransferDawson Joins Eastleigh

Adam Dawson, who briefly lit the wing for Harriers last season, has joined National League side Eastleigh.
June 6, 2016

TransferBucks Take Gitto

Callum Gittings, released by Solihull Moors will remain in National League North with AFC Telford United.
June 4, 2016