Late Blast Sees Off Nuneaton: Harriers 4-0 Nuneaton Town
January 28, 2017

Late Blast Sees Off Nuneaton: Harriers 4-0 Nuneaton Town

Three goals in the last fifteen minutes added gloss to Harriers' victory over Nuneaton at Aggborough.

In form Nuneaton had given Harriers a good test for most of the game until the home side finally doubled their advantage and ended the resistance of the visitors.

Josh Ezewele returned to the side in place of the injured Zaine Francis-Angol as the only change to the side that had beaten Telford last time out.

Harriers should have made their job easier with better finishing but found the frame of the goal in the way on a number of occasions.  Just ahead of the quarter-hour mark Arthur Gnahoua's corner from the left found Darryl Knights at the far post but he was stretching and directed his shot against the foot of the upright.

The lively Elton Ngwatala launched a move the crafted another opening; winning the ball on the edge of his own penalty area and playing a quick one-two with a team-mate he went on a surging run into the heart of Nuneaton territory before finding James McQuilkin on the right wing, his low cross found Andre Brown but he could only direct the ball wide of the near post.

The opening goal finally came on 34 minutes; Gnahoua played a corner from the left short to Brown who held off his marker before turning and firing his shot inside the far post.  Before the break Harriers could have doubled their advantage but McQuilkin's curled effort from distance hit the angle of post and bar.

After the break the woodwork came to the rescue for the visitors when Ngwatala's long-range effort hit the post with keeper Christian Dibble beaten; the loose ball ended up with McQuilkin whose cross from the left was headed wide by Brown.

Fifteen minutes from the end Harriers doubled their lead when Ngwatala picked up the ball in midfield and advanced through the inside-left channel before firing a shot from 20 yards out the arrowed inside the near post.

Nuneaton's heads dropped now and a third Harriers goal came five minutes from the end; Gnahoua stole the ball off a defender and found Ryan Croasdale who was allowed an unchallenged run into the penalty area before firing past Dibble.

Harriers completed the rout in stoppage time; McQuilkin's corner from the left was headed against the bar by substitute Mani Dieseruvwe but Ngwatala was on hand to nod the rebound over the line.


Harriers This Week

No Matches


Harriers Alumni

ManagementHurren Joins Hednesford Management Team

Gavin Hurren has joined the new management team at Hednesford along with Paul Casey and Gary Birch.
November 14, 2016

TransferDawson Joins Eastleigh

Adam Dawson, who briefly lit the wing for Harriers last season, has joined National League side Eastleigh.
June 6, 2016

TransferBucks Take Gitto

Callum Gittings, released by Solihull Moors will remain in National League North with AFC Telford United.
June 4, 2016